Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Canyon blues


Exploring Tahrongi Canyon has been a lot of fun. I'm at level 15 now, and I've made it through 4/5 of the Training Regiments for the area. What I'm having some trouble with is the big giraffe creatures that hang out in the area. They all read Decent Challenge or Even Match for me. I was playing it safe and sticking to Easy Prey like Saprolings and Rarabs, but I finally got impatiant and cornered one of these things (They're huge by the way). This was a huge mistake, since I ended up getting killed even faster then when that Goblin ambushed me outside Selbina. I guess I've learned my lesson: Stick with Easy Prey.

I haven't been playing too much the last few days. Part of the reason is that I've been busy with a work related project, but mostly it's because I'm not sure what to do next. I had decided to hang around Tahrongi Canyon until level 15, with the idea that I'd have some better insight into where to go next. No such luck! Valkrum Dunes is the only answer anyone has given me, but from what I saw on my short trip there the enemies are so tough that I wouldn't last five seconds! I've been wanting to explore a little more, but I haven't really had the chance. Anyway, for now the canyon seems okay. Although I did hear about some mines that sounded cool.

I found out a little more about Chocobos. It looks like I have to wait till level 20 to get a liscenes, and ths will involve taking a trip to a city called Jueno. I'm actually pretty excited about this, even though I have no idea how to get there. I was a little cofused because someone told me that I could rent a chocobo for short trips starting at lvl 15. This doesn't seem to be the case, unless it somehow involves Chocobo Tickets, and item I've seen on the auction house but have never had a chance to buy.

Also, thanks so much to Sargon, who tracked me down in Tahrongo Canyon to say hi and share some food. I really appreciate the gifts and advice! And the company. It's always nice to meet people!

Next post: I'm heading back to the canyon tonight. Maybe I can find a party to help me kill those damn giraffes. I'll tell you all about it next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment